I know a lot of Infinix hot note pro and infinix hot x507 are tired of waiting for Lollipop update since its already available for infinix hot note. However, I’m going to share with you in easy steps how you can update your Hot note pro and Hot x507 to lollipop 5.1
The truth is you can actually get a lollipop OTA update if you follow me carefully.
Before you get the OTA update, you will need to first of all flash 0730 ROM on your device. All thanks to Infinixmobility forum and Vipelshaer for the provision of this Lollipop ROM.
==>You must be running on stock recovery on Infinix hot x507 and Infinix Hot note pro (download stock recovery for infinix hot note pro here)
==>You must have a PC with SP Flash tool installed.
==>First of all flash 0730 ROM version to your device via SP Flash tool which is downloadable (for Infinix hot note pro only) Download the rom here
==>Download Vcom Port driver here
==>Download SP Flash tool here
==>Make sure your phone is charged 90%
==>Back up your files and contact to avoid stories that touch
==>For Infinix hot users onlydownload this rom here
How to Upgrade Infinix Hot Note Pro & Infinix Hot to Lollipop 5.1
==>INSTALLING VCOM DRIVER
1. Extract the downloaded vcom driver.
2. Go to device manager>click action>click add legacy hardware
3. Under welcome to add new hardware click next
4. Select advanced option and click next
5. Select ‘show all devices’ and click next.
6. Click have disk
7. Browse to your vcom extracted folder and select the driver setup up file and click
open, then ok.
8. Select Mediatek preloader usb vcom driver and click next.
==>GET YOUR PHONE READY
1. Make sure phone has about 90% charge as well as your pc.
2. Enable usb debugging under settings>developer options
3. Connect to Pc…ignore any driver failure warnings.
1. Navigate to the sp flash tool folder
2. Run the sp flash tool.exe as admin
3. Click on scatter loading. Navigate to the infinix rom folder and select the scatter file
4. At the left hand side just below the 'scatter loading' panel click on 'download now' then change it to 'firmware upgrade' Restart your phone using the power button and wait. The phone
will be upgraded on booting-Make sure you don’t tamper with usb at this point.
5. The final result after about 5-10 min should be like this if all went well
6. After that confirmation close flash tool. Disconnect phone and switch it on. It will take some minutes before the setup is complete.
Finally, once your device is turn on, go to 'system update' there you will see a new update available probably the 0813 version or the recent 0828 version, update it and the security guard at the gate will welcome you to Lollipop 5.1.Note: You must be running a stock recovery or else you'll brick your device.