You enjoy outdoor activities and you want to keep track with where you are or where you've been and want to go. Then Maaloo Outdoors app may become your good friend for outdoor activities and it is definitely worth a look. This mapping app makes hiking, biking and many other outdoor activities easier and more interesting as it provides you tracks and routes, records your routes and searches new locations. In addition to this Maaloo Outdoor app provides offline maps. The offline capabilities allow to navigate in areas without online access.
Which are the main peculiarities of Maaloo Outdoor?. The app will record your tracks, map them out, navigate to points of interest and supports import/export to Dropbox or OneDrive accounts. Tracks can be edited, move points, delete and add. Plan your routes directly in the app, with simple finger clicks.
- Download some maps for offline use
- OpenStreetMap, Cycle and Hike maps with many details
- Map Rotation by Compass or GPS-Direction
- Show transparent Compass-overlay on map
- User defined map provider, use your local map tile server
- Record your path as track
- Automatic creation of routes for pedestrian, bicycle or car (requires internet)
- Plan your route with self-edited tracks / routes
- Complete finished tracks (shift points, delete, add) / Statistics of tracks
- Import and export GPX-tracks by Cloud
- Search and import of tracks from GPSies.com
- Supports hiking, jogging and bike trails
Maaloo Outdoor's main pages has tile options to view the map, monitor your location, view your favorite POI's, start recording tracks, view your tracks, search for GPSies.com locations or addresses, view any nearby tracks and access a host of settings. Monitoring features include GPS coordinates and a virtual compass.
The map view with Maaloo Outdoor has your tracking stats running across the top of the map that includes your speed, time and GPS accuracy. Tapping the map will bring up a host of options including centering the map on your position, zoom controls, control buttons to view your favorite POI's, tracks, monitoring pages and choose the map layers.
Map layers include Waypoint options that include online services such as GPSies Tracks and Panoramio, as well as imported waypoints and favorite points. Your mapping layers include online resources such as HERE vector road map, OpenStreetMaps and offline options provided by Maaloo or imported from your Dropbox or OneDrive accounts.
You may download this impressive Windows Phone mapping app from Windows Phone Store and if you’re looking for a nice mapping app to guide you in outdoor activities, then this app is surely for you.